As an attorney, you face the possibility of a malpractice lawsuit arising from errors and omissions, failure to meet client expectations, and attempts by clients to recoup financial losses. Even if unfounded, a defense or settlement of a lawsuit can cause a great deal of disruption to you and your firm – reducing billable time, exposing personal assets and creating financial hardship.
Take a moment to compare your current professional liability insurance coverage to the Attorneys Advantage Program. You’ll see why attorneys have come to rely on us for nearly two decades. Apply now.
- Competitive coverage options
- More affordable rates
- Exceptional client service
- Complimentary risk management tools and online services **
(click to expand Features)
- Choice of Professional Liability Limits - A wide range of liability limits is available to meet specific practice needs. Limits start at $100,000/$300,000 and range up to $10,000,000/$10,000,000. Coverage includes both a per claim and annual aggregate limits.
- Deductibles - Attorneys Advantage offers a range of deductibles to meet your needs and budget. Qualifying firms can choose a $0 or $1,000 deductible.
- Disciplinary Defense - The program provides up to $25,000 per proceeding, $100,000 aggregate, for reimbursement of the insured's defense costs as necessitated at disciplinary hearings.
- Extra Claim Expenses - Additional coverage for claim expenses up to $500,000 per claim up to $1 million aggregate is provided iin every policy.
- Subpoena Assistance - Adds coverage up to $25,000 to retain counsel for advice regarding document production after being served with a subpoena and for representation at a deposition. *
- Privacy Breach - Extends professional liability coverage to privacy breach claims involving an accidental release or publication of confidential, personally identifiable information. *
- Prior Acts Coverage - Full coverage is available to qualified firms.
- Free Non-Practicing Extended Reporting Period Coverage - Provided to attorneys who retire or otherwise cease the private practice of law during the policy period. Available to qualified law firms with the Aon Attorneys Advantage program.
- Title Insurance Agency Coverage - Coverage is available for legal services provided as a title agency when 100% owned and managed by covered insured.
- Excess Not For Profit Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Coverage -
Included by endorsement for attorneys serving as a director or officer of a non-profit organization. Rates are based on the area of practice and experience of your firm.
- Reduced Rate Premium Financing - Premiums can be financed now at competitive rates, offering insureds increased affordability and budgeting convenience.
RISK MANAGEMENT PROGRAM **
(click to expand Risk Management)
Complimentary Quarter Hour ENewsletter – As an insured, you’ll receive a complimentary subscription to The Quarter Hour, our quarterly risk management newsletter that provides practical advice for managing risk in the legal profession.
Risk Management Hotline – As an insured, you’ll have access to a confidential hotline connecting you to specialists available to consult on risk management or professional liability issues.
Risk Management Resources Website - The Attorneys Risk Management Resources website, designed and maintained by the law firm of Hinshaw & Culbertson, provides Attorneys Advantage professional liability insurance policyholders access to information of interest to the legal profession. This website features: Frequently Asked Questions, Recent Decisions in cases involving professional liability, Model Letters, Ethical Rules and Statutes, Firm Policy Considerations, Checklists and Self-Audits to enable you to evaluate your firm's practice management systems. When you become an Attorneys Advantage policyholder you will be given an ID and password to access this website.
Risk Management Seminar - Periodic seminars held at convenient locations offering an in-depth discussion of risk management techniques and claims issues. Webinars coming soon.
Experienced Claims Handling - All claims are handled by an experienced professional liability claims team. Local defense counsel is provided.
ATTORNEYS ADVANTAGE PROGRAM UNDERWRITERS
Depending on the state in which your firm is located, Attorneys Advantage is underwritten by one of two carriers: Liberty Insurance Underwriters, Inc. or SPARTA Insurance Company.
Liberty Insurance Underwriters Inc., (LIU) is a member company of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group and provides Attorneys Advantage in the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, WY and the District of Columbia.
SPARTA Insurance Company provides Attorneys Advantage in: AK, AL, FL, GA, HI, ID, LA, MN, MS, NV, UT, WA and WI.
Please note: the information listed above is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. Please remember that only the insurance policy governs the actual terms, coverage amounts, conditions and exclusions. Availability of coverage, credits, discounts and rates may vary from state to state.
*Available to SPARTA policyholders only.
**Available to Liberty policyholders only.