Cyber Liability Insurance
Fulfill your Ethical Responsibility to Protect Confidential Client Data
The American Bar Association Formal Opinion 483 makes it clear that, “The potential for an ethical violation occurs when a lawyer does not undertake reasonable efforts to avoid data loss or to detect cyber-intrusion, and that lack of reasonable effort is the cause of the breach.”1
Sophisticated, Comprehensive Cyber Liability Insurance
Attorneys can fulfill their ethical responsibilities when it comes to cybersecurity by purchasing Cyber Insurance. The new, state-of-the-art Aon CyberBusinessPro policy powered by Coalition provides:
- Cyber Threat Monitoring
- Cyber Liability
- Data Privacy Expenses
- Fund Transfer Fraud
- 24/7 Breach Response Team
- Extortion Expenses
- Business Interruption and Extra Expenses
- Regulatory Fines & Penalties
- Worldwide coverage
- Computer Replacement
- Technology Errors & Omissions
- Digital Asset Restoration
Start by Receiving a Free Cyber Risk Assessment2
What is a Cyber Risk Assessment? Imagine a hacker scanning your law firm’s digital presence searching for vulnerabilities. Where are you open to attack? Does your cybersecurity have flaws? Have your login credentials been compromised? Is your firm’s data for sale on the dark web?
The Cyber Risk Assessment provided by Coalition’s team of cyber experts:
Basic actions like a cybersecurity assessment can help reduce your exposure by 80%.3
1”Lawyers’ Obligations After an Electronic Data Breach or Cyberattack,” ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility Formal Opinion 483, October 17, 2018.
- Scans infrastructure of publicly accessible servers, services, & technology
- Discovers exploitable vulnerabilities & misconfigurations in the scanned infrastructure
- Finds exposed available user/employee information
- Uncovers existing threats hidden on the dark web
- Offers recommendations for taking immediate action to reduce your risks
2A Cyber Risk Assessment will be produced when a quotation is generated for a firm with a valid web address.
3“29 Must-know Cybersecurity Statistics for 2020, Cyber Observer, 2020.